Yates Anderson is a full-service, boutique law firm with a special focus on real estate and fiduciary litigation, representing clients who require sophisticated service at the national, state, or local level. We have a proven track record of successfully litigating difficult cases against powerful adversaries. We thrive on challenging cases, and have succeeded at every level, whether in settlement negotiation, trial, or appeal.
We represent both plaintiffs and defendants. We are selective about our cases and our clients. We leverage technology and a nationwide network of co-counsel to provide the same service as large firms, but cost-effectively and efficiently. We are business owners ourselves, and understand the need to deliver a return on investment in every case. We structure fee arrangements that align our interests with our clients’ interests, including contingency fees, success bonuses, flat fees, and hourly arrangements.
We serve as outside general counsel for prominent growing businesses, particularly in the hospitality, e-commerce, and real estate industries. We are proud to serve as trusted counsel from the birth of companies through challenges with growth and disputes with employees, members, shareholders, vendors, and customers.
- Represented condominium owners association in insurance coverage dispute, recovering settlement of over $5,000,000.
- Represented real estate developer in litigation with a property owners association, securing settlement worth nearly $1M.
- Represented shopping center landlord in numerous tenant disputes, securing over $1,000,000 in settlements, summary judgment victories, and a trial verdict affirmed on appeal.
- Represented condominium owners association in insurance coverage dispute, recovering settlement of over $15,000,000.
- Represented employment plaintiffs, overcoming summary judgment motions and securing hundreds of thousands in settlements in past two years.
- Represented real property brokers in customer dispute, securing six-figure judgment on dispositive motion.
- Negotiated trademark coexistence agreements, settlement agreements, and secured settlement payments totaling over $500,000 in trademark and copyright litigation in past two years.
- Represented franchisors relative to franchise disclosures, franchise and business opportunity registrations, intellectual property prosecution and enforcement, and franchisee disputes.
- Represented restoration contractors following Hurricane Sally and obtained over $8,000,000 in settlement payments as a result.
- Recovered in excess of $28,000,000 on behalf of the shareholders of Sterne Agee Group, Inc. in relation to the company officers’ and directors’ mismanagement and malfeasance.
- Recovered $1,000,000 on behalf of the shareholders of Greenetrack Inc. in their lawsuit alleging individual and derivative claims against the Company’s directors and officers for corporate waste, breach of fiduciary duties, gross mismanagement, shareholder oppression and fraudulent suppression.
- Recovered in excess of $2,500,000 on behalf of minority shareholders concerning family business entities in Alabama and Tennessee.
- Recovered over $1,500,000 in settlement payments for residential insurance claims following Hurricane Sally
- Settled class action concerning impact fees with municipality for $1,900,000
- Settled various contract disputes over real estate sales with aggregate value in tens of millions of dollars.